Poell

info giulia 200 twin spark

zo nov 13, 2005 13:57

Ik ga een 91'er twin spark met injectie overzetten in mijn Giulia uit '74.
Wie heeft tips of waarschuwingen?
groet, Philip

patje1100
Guru
Guru

RE: info giulia 200 twin spark

ma nov 14, 2005 12:10

Wekom hier Poell.

Wat weet je allemaal al.?
Wil je met injekkie blijven rijden of op carburateurs ?

Wil je je toerenteller mechanisch houden of electrisch.?

Er zijn hier een aantal mannen die de ombouw hebben gedaan en meerderen zijn van plan dat ook te doen dus de kennis is er zeker.

Floor
Guru
Guru

Re: info giulia 200 twin spark

ma nov 14, 2005 12:32

groet, Philip
Om te beginnen:

http://www.alfacentro.com/features/twinspark

Gaat over een spider, maar het verhaal blijft hetzelfde.
Oo==v==oO
Gib mir Benzin

Es fließt durch meine Venen
Es schläft in meinen Tränen
Es läuft mir aus den Ohren
Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Giulia2000TS
Guru
Guru
Contacteer: Website

di nov 15, 2005 00:14

groet, Philip
Tip: Ga voor carbs, en kom een keer afkijken...

Waarschuwing: Ga niet voor injectie, en kom een keer afkijken...
Dirk - Giulia2000TS

kroehlur

di nov 15, 2005 09:02

Tip: luister niet naar Maarten Bijlsma en ga voor carbs.

Dottore M
Guru Duplice
Guru Duplice

di nov 15, 2005 09:21

HEEEE ! :evil:

vV
Guru Quintuplo
Guru Quintuplo

do nov 17, 2005 08:19

en Maarten had nog niets eens iets gezegd.... :wink:
gehad o.a.: GT junior 1600, Alfetta GTV 2000, ALfa Sei 2,5i, Maserati 425, spider 1979, spider 1980,Thema 8.32, GTV2000, Alfetta GTV racer,159 2.4 SW Ti Q4 Bianco. Nu Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0D, GT junior racer met TS, GTam in opbouw.

Poell

do nov 17, 2005 18:56

Ik kom graag een keer kijken, waarom carbs en geen injectie?

Poell

Re: RE: info giulia 200 twin spark

do nov 17, 2005 22:08

Ik weet nog niet zoveel, heb inmiddels wel het verhaal van de verbouwde spider gelezen waarvan ik het meeste wel al had bedacht. Handig zijn wel de aanwijzingen voor de inbouw van de computer, Ik wil de injectie handhaven vanwege de souplesse en het verbruik, of is dit een misvatting? Met squadratuning overleg gehad over een snellere chip en de overbodigheid van agressievere nokkenassen. Is het blok in standaardversie niet al snel genoeg of is dat een heel dom uitgangspunt?
Ik wil de krukas laten balanceren, de drijfstangen en zuigers laten wegen en e.e.a. eerst uitproberen voordat ik aan het tunen sla. Tenzij ik wellicht zaken over het hoofd zie. Ik hoor graag jullie commentaar.
groet Philip

Giulia2000TS
Guru
Guru

vr nov 18, 2005 18:02

Het is vooral een keuze van karakter. Ik vind het uiterlijk onder de kap niet fraai met injectie. Voor het verbruik hoef je niet speciaal injectie te doen en voor de souplesse naar mijn mening ook niet.... Het hele motorkarakter van een injectie vind ik al bij het starten een beetje suf. En voor de rest ook vrij overbodig als je merkt hoe het met carbs kan. Uiteraard zijn de meningen verdeeld en er zijn vast computers die het beter weten... :wink: Motor bleuprinten kan geen kwaad maar is het nodig? Is het blok nu zo slecht?
Dirk - Giulia2000TS

Dottore M
Guru Duplice
Guru Duplice

vr nov 18, 2005 18:35

En ik was nog wel van plan zelf een objectief verhaal neer te zetten...
Laatst gewijzigd door Dottore M op vr nov 18, 2005 19:02, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Giulia2000TS
Guru
Guru

vr nov 18, 2005 18:39

Gewoon doen maarten, ik heb op de forummeeting nog iemand gesproken die serieus carbs als throttle bodys (goh, lastige woorden...) wil gebruiken dus niks is meer te gek.... Brand los! :wink:
Dirk - Giulia2000TS

MiaGiulia
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

do nov 24, 2005 23:09

Een intressante informatie bron aangaande vragen en discussies inbouwen TS/105 is

Klik hier

>>Maybe I can add another layer of confusion to this thread, after all I have four different style 2-L’s running in various Alfas. First, here are a few specifics:

2-L Nord in a ’69 Spider:
11 mm cam (Centerline), 10:1 CR w/Motronic pistons, Spica FI, Crane ign, stock exhaust and stock air intake.

2-L Nord in a ’71 Jr Z:
12mm cam (unknown source but lots of duration), 10:1 CR w/Motronic pisions, 40DCOE’s, Crane ign, stock exhaust and air filter system from the old “across the top of the head” Sprint GT (stock).

2-L TS in a ’69 GTV:
stock pistons, stock CR, stock Motronic FI except for K&N air filter, Steck headers w/Magnaflow muffler

2-L TS in a ’65 Sprint GT:
C-B street cams (no VVT), stock pistons, stock CR, 45DCOE, TS coils run through a Steck modified Nisan dist, GTA reproduction air box with a K&N air filter, GTA headers modified to mate to the TS head, 2 ¼” exhaust w/Magnaflow muffler.

First of all, they are all great fun to drive but I’ll make some comments on what they are like to drive and to live with. Oh, all the engines have been dynamically balanced.

The Spider engine is least powerful on the top end (sorry no dyno data) but it pulls very well in the mid range. The idle is a bit rough but it’s easy enough to live with. Mileage is about 17 mpg around town and 26 on the highway.

The Jr Z engine is a pretty rough idler. It stumbles slightly coming off idle but then it goes very well up to about 6500 rpm. I think I could adjust the cam timing and get more top end but this is a street car so I won’t bother. Throttle response is great. One thing is for sure, this one can burn gas, about 16 mpg around town and 24 mpg freeway.

The stock TS in the ’69 GTV is my favorite. It does everything well and it wouldn’t surprise me to find that it has the most power everywhere. It idles well, partly thanks to the VVT, and it pulls very, very cleanly to the rev limit. It also gets 22 mpg around town and 33 on the freeway. I have had this engine on the dyno but the readings were low. I traced the problems to bad plug wires and I haven’t been back to recheck the output.

The 2-L TS in the Sprint GT (race car) doesn’t idle very well but it pulls very well from 4500 to 7000. If it has more bhp than the stock TS, I don’t think it would be much – it’s hard to tell because of the application. I think part of the power “problem” is ignition timing. The Steck dist is at full advance at about 4000rpm. If I time it to avoid pre-ignition at 4000, it needs another 3, maybe 4, degrees of advance at 7000 for max powe. This is with a 1:1 mix of of 91 octane pump gas and 110 octane leaded race fuel. This car has also been on the dyno but, as with the stock TS, the results were unimpressive. However, they were very useful because I was able to diagnose a cam timing problem and track down a bad coil lead. I’ve been considering putting the stock Motronic FI back on this engine just to see how it compares with carbs/mechanical advance distributor.

What would I put in a street car that might occasionally make it to the track? Hands down, a stock TS. The carbureted and Spica FI “slightly tuned” 2-L Nord engines require more R&M to keep running well and they don’t come close to providing the performance of the TS. To get a Nord 2-L to produce similar output to the Motronic TS would mean making drivability sacrifices for normal street use. One of the biggest issues, at least here in CA, results form the available fuel. If you’re going to build an engine for the street, for practical purposes, it has to run on pump gas and that’s 91 octane for us. To get a Spica or carbureted engine with a mechanical advance distributor to deal with 91 octane across the rev range, the CR can’t be much above 10:1. You can go to higher CRs but you have to dial out some the max advance and this leads to less top end power. You could do a 2-L Nord engine with programmable FI/ignition, but there’s a big development time/money hurdle with this approach.
'69 1750 GTV (TS street)
'69 1750 Spider (sunny days)
'71 Jr. Z (special occasions) <<

Op deze site kun je wel een avondje leesplezier beleven.
Saluti,
Arthur
GT 1300 Junior '67
Nuova Super 1.3 Twin Spark '77
166 TS "Pekel racer"

1750GTV
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: RE: info giulia 200 twin spark

wo nov 30, 2005 12:55

en Maarten had nog niets eens iets gezegd.... :wink:
Voorkomen is beter dan genezen.

;)

Dottore M
Guru Duplice
Guru Duplice

wo nov 30, 2005 13:48

Kende die thread op alfabb al, maar ik dacht dat zijn Amerikanen, die worden hier niet geloofd. :wink:

Terug naar “Aankoop adviezen en aandachtspunten”